• April 2017, “The Zohar’s new science of biblical exegesis,” Rhetoric and Linguistics in the Bible and the Qur'an, Norwegian Institute in Rome
• May 2016, “How not to study science and religion, consider life,” Life Sciences and Religion: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives International Workshop, Berlin.
• August 2015, “Can Fictional Superhuman Agents Have Mental States,” Conference for the International Association for the History of Religion, Erfurt.
• June 2015, “Information in the Sefer Yetzirah,” Workshop: How Jews Know Epistemologies of Jewish Knowledge, Freie Universität Berlin.
• “Intimate Measures,” The Self and the Social Conference at the Institute of Philosophy of Language (IFL), New University of Lisbon, Portugal. March 2014.
• “Crashing and Burning in Ancient Love Magic: A comparison of Graeco-Roman and Jewish forms of love magic from a cognitive perspective” with Corby Kelly (Texas Tech University). Mind, Society, and Religion in the Biblical World Program Unit. Society of Biblical Literature Annual Conference. Baltimore, November 2013.
• “The Hermeneutics of Simplicity in the Coen Brothers’ A Serious Man.” Panel on the Coen Brothers’ films and Religion, at the American Academy of Religion Annual Conference. For the Religion and Popular Culture Group and the Religion, Film, and Visual Culture Group. Baltimore, November 2013
• Participant, “Evolution of the Indoor Biome,” National Evolutionary Synthesis Center, Durham (Duke). June 2013.
• “The implications of anomalous monism for intimate selves,” The Altered Self and Altered Self-Experience Conference at the Institute of Philosophy of Language (IFL), New University of Lisbon, Portugal. May 2013.
Room in New York, Edward Hopper (1940)